Here's the exhibition and experience proposal for Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington, D.C, U.S. Each exhibit has different quality, but they all maintain a feeling of calmness and peace.
Introduction Area: Notice Surroundings
You will encounter an audiovisual installation at the entrance. This LED screens shows in extreme slow motion with images that from a scene of busy city to a pure sky. It intents to show the noisy and overwhelming visual environment compares to the beautiful moment that we sometimes are missing in our daily life.
Pathway: Reset Thoughts
After the inward reflection from introduction area, you will be channeled into a blue pathway. Because this corridor is connecting to exhibition rooms, so walking in the continuing pathway is a refreshing way to reset your thoughts and feelings after each section.
Exhibit Area A: Raise Questions
Area A discusses why you need to stay present through artworks. All the artworks in this room are intended to question your old perception.
Exhibit Area B: Develop Self-awareness
Area B allows you to learn how to be present and you will mindfully interact with artists. You will learn to respect and do finest thing in your daily life mindfully from the “Water section”. You will learn to be aware of your breath and stay present with your body in “Artist is breathing” section. You will carry out self-reflection when you look directly into the artist’s eyes in “Artist is present” section.
Exhibit Area C: Reconnect Disconnected
Area C is an open and spacious space for people to reconnect the disconnected. You will be guided to interactive with others and with the surrounding through the activity. When you step on the floor, the patterns tear apart and rebuild themselves. You will be fully present when you are engaging in the activity.
Coming soon to you! You can RSVP to get notify when the exhibition is near you.
Your donation allows us to connect people and create mindful exhibit around the world. We create exhibition with our partners, artists, designers, and mindfulness practitioners in seeking the most effective way to raise the awareness of being present through art.
- Experience the Method—An Exploration of Being Present Exhibition
- Source: https://mai.art/terra-comunal-content/2015/3/9/experiencing-the-method
- Quiet Morning workshop, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Photo by Leeta Harding. Courtesy of MoMA and Flavorpill
- Pipilotti Rist: Pour Your Body Out Exhibition
- Image courtesy of Elena Brower, Source: http://www.virayoga.com/home.htm
The Collection of Artists and Their Works in Stay Present
- Laurent Dequick, Photograph of Washington DC
- Unknown, Skyscrapers Blue Sky Wallpaper
- Olafur Eliasson, Your Felt Future
- Nacho Ormaechea, Street Memories
- Pia Mannikko, Verges
- Olafur Eliasson, Feeling are Facts
- Chiharu Shiota, A Room of Memory
- Marina Abramovic, Abramovic Method: Water Section
- Kimsooja, To Breathe
- Marina Abramovic, Artist is Present